You and your family are important to us. We believe that you will want a healthy environment and safe place for your family to grow in faith:
IN CHRISTIAN LEARNING
- GOD’S PROMISED LAND is our innovative Sunday School program for children ages pre-school through fifth grade. Members of our congregation teach rotating classes of Bible-based
- YOUTH SUNDAY SCHOOL creatively speaks to the needs of middle graders and high school students as they mature physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- ADULTS are offered three different classes, of varying interests, to assist them in their spiritual growth: using traditional Bible study materials,
contemporary-concerns, and discussions of marriage and child-rearing.
IN CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER AND OUR COMMUNITY
There are a great many opportunities for Loyd folks to serve one another and the world around us, including:
- Timely visitation to hospital patients and homebound members.
- Annual Mother-Daughter Banquet, hosted by the Men of the Church, a popular day-before-Mother's-Day tradition..
- Souper Bowl Sunday, a yearly youth sponsored event on the big football Sunday, to raise money to feed the hungry in our community
- Mission Luncheons to benefit Christian outreach around the world, including the support of a child at Thornwell Home in Clinton, SC.
- Regular offerings of time and money to the local Food Closet and LaGrange Personal Aid.
- Vacation Bible School provided for a whole week each summer as an outreach ministry of the congregation.
- Co-Hosting the Camp Viola day camp experience in July for the less-privileged children throughout the area.
You will never be without something to do at Loyd Church!
Regardless of your age there is a group for you.
(A Nursery is provided for most church functions.)
- Youth Club/Family Nights: Meeting Wednesday nights for 6 weeks in the Spring and Fall to explore faith through Bible lessons, crafts, music and fellowship.
- Middle School Fellowship (Grades 6-8): Gathering Sunday evenings for study, service and fun. Middle School Retreats at Calvin Center near Fayetteville attract our young people.
- Senior High Fellowship (Grades 9-12): Exploring their faith through study, fellowship and service on Sunday evenings. Every year they travel to the Montreat Youth Conference near Asheville, NC,
to live and learn with 1,200 youth of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Young Adults (Ages 25-40): Sharing times of fellowship and service.
- “40 Something” Group (Ages 40-50): Finding ways to share in fellowship and common interests.
- "L” Club (Adults over 50 years of age): Going strong in search of fellowship and aging gracefully.
- Men’s Group: Meeting the second Thursday of each month for a meal, fellowship and planning church projects. The Men host an annual “Turkey Shoot” to raise funds for their work.
- Presbyterian Women (PW): In addition to numerous ministry projects – mission luncheons, a Women’s birthday celebration and meals for families in grief - the women of Loyd Church also have two
circles meeting monthly for Bible study and fellowship.
Congregational hymn singing is a vital part of our worship together. Special music for worship is highly valued, and we provide talented musicians to inspire our congregation. The Adult Choir
rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. and at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings in preparation for the 11:00 a.m. worship service. We encourage individuals to offer their musical gifts in service
The Christian Seasons are vital in our worship and music. We glorify God in special ways during Lent and Advent, on Pentecost, during Baptism and Confirmation, and to Celebrate the Gifts of Women
in Christian service.